The Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Directorate strives to achieve its aims through:
- Advocating for health based on human rights and solidarity
- Investing in sustainable policies, actions and infrastructure to address the determinants of health
- Building and leading alliances with public, private, non-governmental and international organisations and civil society to create sustainable actions for health
- Monitor progress through appropriate research, indicators and targets
- Providing capacity building for people to make the right choices for their own health
- Reaching out to people within the setting of their every day life; where they learn, work, play and love
We pledge to sustain our services and efforts so that the population of Malta can live healthier, more rewarding lives.
The Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Directorate has the main aim to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of people residing in the Maltese Islands by:
- Supporting and empowering individuals to adopt a healthy lifestyle;
- Carrying out effective surveillance and control of communicable diseases;
- Developing and implementing strategies for the reduction of the burden of communicable and non communicable diseases;
- Advocating for the creation of environments conducive to health.